Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 3:37 AM

14adrnln

Ladies Ski reccomendation

Hi,
My wife has just started running the course and feeling the need to upgrade her Connelly SP. Can anyone give us a good reccomendation for a suitable ladies ski? So far have found a HO Couture or a Radar Lyric. Are any of these 2 half decent? She is quite a confident skiier and just starting to get a bit more aggresive with her turns but has a long way to go (in the nicest possible way). I am more of a HO fan as I am on an S1 and do like the fact that the Couture has the Syndicate adjustable fin. Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers
Scott

#2 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 4:27 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Ladies Ski reccomendation

I would give the H2osmosis proshop a call. They will be able to tell you what is selling and what people are saying about those skis. I can give you the tournament report, and it is that I cannot recall seeing a single "ladies" ski. If your wife isn't ready for a top flight ski, then that probably doesn't mean all that much to you. The Lyric is a purple version of the Senate, and that ski has been getting rave reviews. I don't know what mold HO is using now that the Monza line is out of production.

#3 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 6:43 PM

davemac
Foot Forward: RFF

I think HO's women's ski from the Monza mold was the Esprit... which was recently discontinued...designed to be skied around 30-32 mph.  I have an 07 used for one season by my daughter (that I would sell blank for around $150)  that is indistinguishable from new condition.  It is 64" so probably suitable for up to 115 lbs or so, and has adjustable fin.
I believe the current HO offering are the Muse (which has the "V" bottom) or the Couture...which is higher end (based on System 8).
The Radar Lyric would also seem a great choice, as the Senate is so well liked.  I've seen some good closeout deals on prior years models.

#4 Wed, Nov 4, 2009 12:41 AM

14adrnln

Thanks heaps for the help. My wife is around the 140lbs so will probably need around a 66" for starters until she progress's a bit more. I might try and source an 09 Radar Lyric and see what I find. Do you know if the Lyric has an adjustable fin?

#5 Wed, Nov 4, 2009 1:26 AM

davemac
Foot Forward: RFF

14adrnln... I sent you a PM w/ some good info I found on the Lyric (hopefully didn't spam out)

#6 Wed, Nov 4, 2009 2:00 AM

2gofaster

The Lyric is a great ski for a woman. We've put a few on it over the last few years.

Shane Hill

Board footer