Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Nov 2, 2009 7:01 PM

davemac
Foot Forward: RFF

Has anyone tried the Eagle Drysuit (baggy)?

I'm looking to pick up a baggy drysuit, and having trouble finding much in the way of feedback or reviews on the (relatively new) Eagle drysuit.   
Anyone here had any experience w/ them??
TIA,
Dave

#2 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 3:20 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Has anyone tried the Eagle Drysuit (baggy)?

I am not familar with the Eagle drysuit.  My drysuit is by Adrenaline and I swear by it.  I don't think there's a better one out there for the money.  Here's a link:

http://www.adrenalinewatersports.com/pr … 7&pg=0

Garn

#3 Fri, Nov 6, 2009 4:43 AM

SethStisher
Foot Forward: Lefty

Davemac,

I just tested an Eagle Baggy Drysuit in Houston on Tuesday.  I was impressed.  The biggest thing I loved about it was the fact that it is a front zip suit.  This way you don't have to rely on your buddies to get you in and out of it.  The zipper is also a rubber material rather than a metal zipper.  There are two links below:  One has a picture of me in the suit so you can see what it looks like for real, and the other is a link to our online store where you can read the specs on the suit.  I am more comfortable selling this suit than the O'Neill Drysuits (1-because Eagle is a waterski company, and 2-the front zip and comfort).

Anyway, hope this helps.  LEt me know if I can help in any way.

http://www.h2oproshop.com/eagle-sports-drysuit.html

http://www.h2osmosis.com/

Seth Stisher
[email protected]

#4 Fri, Nov 6, 2009 8:05 AM

Thomas Wayne

Now if they can only put in another front zipper, just a bit lower, it'll make it easier to deal with that last beer I just had...

TW

#5 Fri, Nov 6, 2009 5:27 PM

buddy

How about the hybrid suits?  I thought it might be better to not have the baggy legs when slalom skiing.(?)

Can anybody comment on how good they work?

Last edited by buddy (Fri, Nov 6, 2009 5:29 PM)

#6 Fri, Nov 6, 2009 6:08 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

I think the term baggy has more to do with the suit being like a plastic baggie than it has to do with the suit fitting like a t-shirt that is four sizes too big. When you jump in the water, a great deal of the extra air is force up toward you neck, you tug on the collar a little and the suit (particularly the legs) fits much closer than you would expect it would.

#7 Fri, Nov 6, 2009 6:57 PM

snow1122
Foot Forward: Left

I've a hybrid suit, but is old now (10years) I love my suit, it's made of a wet suit material with a zipper on the back side, not the best since I always need help getting the zipper open. Fits like a wet suit.
My only complain is that water does come through the leg/wrist seals (I had my seals replaced) and on big falls I'm pretty wet, but still way warmer than a wet suit. The only other issue is the suit size is a size too big for my frame. Make sure to size it well.
I do have a baggy dry suit as well, nice to be able to wear sweats under neath the suit, the only thing is the seals are extremely hard to pull out, it hurts my hands, feet and neck after skiing but it keeps me dry:o)
My 2cents......

Snow

Board footer