Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Oct 24, 2009 4:17 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Survey for Team Practice

With the season winding down for most folks, I've been trying to put together a package deal for PSC members to take advantage of ski training in Florida this winter. While I'm sure most of you are interested in an abstract way, I wanted to get some of your input on this. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

4 days of skiing, Friday thru Monday.
2 coached sets per day, a third uncoached 'pull' if u want it. (up to 12 sets total)
Everyone stays in the same team house - lodging included
We'll video every set you ski.
We'll have daily film sessions at the house so we can all learn together from each other
All participants will get a virtual lesson to 'take home' with them, as a starting point for next year

Only 5 skiers will be accepted per practice
I'll encourage group rental of a vehicle to cut costs there
The cheapest flights out there are middle of the week, fly Thurs and Tues

I'd like to get this locked up soon for those who are interested, allowing for the cheapest flights and rental car possible. Proper planning prevents piss poor performance... And saves money!

If you're interested in coming to the initial Team Practice, please email me today!

Right now the schedule looks the best for either January or February. I'm open to any input there. Leaning towards the end of January.

I understand that times are tough for a lot of skiers right now, so my goal is to make this package deal affordable for anyone that wants to come practice with the PSC team. It would be nice to schedule this in April, but the costs would be higher.

Keeping with the team spirit, here's what I'm thinking for discounts for PSC members:

Over 100 logged sets: 10% off
Over 50 posts (all Slashers) 5% off

I will be the coach at the initial team practice. In the future I plan on featuring other coaches in this setting.

What do u think?

______
Update:

Take this survey if you're interested in Team Pratice: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform … Rm5iQnc6MA

Last edited by WadeWilliams (Tue, Oct 27, 2009 5:35 PM)

#2 Sat, Oct 24, 2009 5:07 PM

ScotChipman

Re: Survey for Team Practice

How much? I would love to go but I would not be able to ski four days in a row in the middle of winter after not skiing for months, would be better for me to ski Friday/Sunday or Saturday/Monday to allow for rest.

Scot Chipman

#3 Sat, Oct 24, 2009 5:54 PM

ColinBuchanan
Skis At: SkiTek
Foot Forward: Left

WHAT!?!?!?!?!??!?!? On what dotted line do you need me to sign sir? I'll see the rest of you there if you know whats good for you (and your skiing!).

#4 Sun, Oct 25, 2009 1:26 AM

skibuddy
Skis At:
Foot Forward: RFF

Wade, I'd really be interested, but what are your thoughts on hitting it heavy for 4 days, in the middle of winter, and then coming home and not being able to ski for 3-4 weeks? Maybe a lame excuse, but I'd be willing to give it a shot..

#5 Sun, Oct 25, 2009 1:45 AM

DaveLemons
Foot Forward: right

Scott... You would suprised at how far you can push your body. Been to Acapulco a couple of times and skied 6 days straight without a rest day. Went in April both times without getting in the water for 7 Months

Wade..Sounds like fun. Wish I could come....dang economy anyway..

#6 Sun, Oct 25, 2009 1:50 AM

keaden

Wade were would this be????? and how much????

#7 Sun, Oct 25, 2009 2:45 AM

miski
Skis At: Jepawhit, Lyons, SkiTec

I'm in 4 sure!

#8 Sun, Oct 25, 2009 3:55 AM

philgood
Skis At: 22' off @32 mph

Ummm... on a scale of one to ten, this is probably the best idea ever!!!! i just wish i could take advantage of it

You can't take life too seriously because you'll never get out of it alive."

#9 Sun, Oct 25, 2009 11:15 AM

Griff
Skis At: Richmond Water Ski Club

Definately interested in hearing more details....
What/where would lodging be? Event cost? What's included? etc....
Sounds like a great idea Wade.
Griff

#10 Sun, Oct 25, 2009 12:38 PM

Skiboy
Skis At: Pigeon Lake @ Ski Tek

That sounds like a great idea, i wont be in Florida till Feb, couldnt do it all cause of family vacation, but would certainly like to do a day or 2 straight. If its not the dates ur doing it, I'll be down anyway.

Skiing Finatic Once Again

#11 Sun, Oct 25, 2009 12:40 PM

Skiboy
Skis At: Pigeon Lake @ Ski Tek

Better get a few more posts in for a discount. LOL

Skiing Finatic Once Again

#12 Sun, Oct 25, 2009 1:11 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

I'm interested!

Sounds like a great opportunity to kick the season off on the right foot while building some off line friendships... Since Jan. & Feb. are not too ski-able for most of us, I would totally prefer March to hit it. But, maybe the last week end in Feb. would be the most beneficial if it must be in Feb.

Anyone got any great idea's for scorin' some cheap air fare?

Would any ski manufactures be interested in allowing us to demo their 2010 line?

Some local vendors like Subway might be interested in catering meals @ the event for a day. In hopes of future event bus...?

A decent masseuse might be worth their wgt. in gold about Saturday night! -ha,ha!

What a great opportunity!    -Grow the sport!smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#13 Sun, Oct 25, 2009 8:36 PM

MattP
Skis At: Searching

Sounds like a great deal! .... School will be an issue though

Looking for a place to ski near Kennesaw, Ga.
-MattP

#14 Sun, Oct 25, 2009 9:31 PM

leftfootforward

Sounds like a great idea. Depending on the cost, I would make it for sure.

#15 Mon, Oct 26, 2009 12:28 PM

2gofaster

Count me in, Wade. January and February would be good for me.

Shane Hill

#16 Tue, Oct 27, 2009 1:50 AM

MattP
Skis At: Searching

What is the cost going to be?

Looking for a place to ski near Kennesaw, Ga.
-MattP

#17 Tue, Oct 27, 2009 3:09 AM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario

I'll be in for a few days of sets the last week of March.

#18 Tue, Oct 27, 2009 3:06 PM

2gofaster

Wade, if you nail down a date in the next 72 hours, Southwest Airlines is running a special for travel between 1/5/2010 and 2/10/2010.

http://travel.southwest.com/specialoffe … 84#Houston

The most someone would have to pay is $200 round trip to orlando. But you have to buy in the next 3 days. 

"Hi Friends & Family,

I wanted to let you know about the amazing fare sale Southwest announced today! You can find fares as low as $25 one-way to select cities on southwest.com only. The fares are based on length of travel and are $25, $50, $75, or $100 one-way (additional taxes, fees, and exclusions apply). These crazy cheap fares are available for 72-hours only through 11:59 pm PST Oct. 29, 2009, for travel between Dec. 2, 2009, and Dec. 16, 2009, or travel between Jan. 5, 2010, and Feb. 10, 2010.

To see the list of markets, prices, and to take advantage of these special fares, click here. And remember, your first two bags fly free on Southwest Airlines (size and weight limits apply)!"

Shane Hill

#19 Tue, Oct 27, 2009 5:34 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Sounds like you found some CHEAP southwest flights! I can nail this down if we can get a group together ASAP. We need 5 people for the weekend. Take the survey and we'll keep moving on this::

If you're interested in coming to Team Practice, please take this survey so I can build a program that will suit your needs:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform … Rm5iQnc6MA

Even if we don't get it dialed this week, I'm sure Southwest will still have plenty of cheap tickets available in January / February. The "Buy today! Quick for a discount!" approach works, but January & February is slow-travel season -- which is why we're doing it then! There will still be cheap tix available.

#20 Tue, Oct 27, 2009 5:51 PM

philgood

H2O your a freakin genius. i already asked my parents if this could be my christmas present. lol

#21 Wed, Oct 28, 2009 4:56 PM

T-UP

Where will this be held? I'm very interested!

#22 Wed, Oct 28, 2009 6:26 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Still working on the location... It will be central Florida though.

If you're interested then please take this quick survey so we can build the best trip for everyone!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform … Rm5iQnc6MA

#23 Wed, Oct 28, 2009 9:16 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

2gofaster wrote:

Wade, if you nail down a date in the next 72 hours, Southwest Airlines is running a special for travel between 1/5/2010 and 2/10/2010.

http://travel.southwest.com/specialoffe … 84#Houston

The most someone would have to pay is $200 round trip to orlando. But you have to buy in the next 3 days. 

"Hi Friends & Family,

I wanted to let you know about the amazing fare sale Southwest announced today! You can find fares as low as $25 one-way to select cities on southwest.com only. The fares are based on length of travel and are $25, $50, $75, or $100 one-way (additional taxes, fees, and exclusions apply). These crazy cheap fares are available for 72-hours only through 11:59 pm PST Oct. 29, 2009, for travel between Dec. 2, 2009, and Dec. 16, 2009, or travel between Jan. 5, 2010, and Feb. 10, 2010.

To see the list of markets, prices, and to take advantage of these special fares, click here. And remember, your first two bags fly free on Southwest Airlines (size and weight limits apply)!"

Very Cool Shane, way to go!

-now that's a team player!!!smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#24 Thu, Oct 29, 2009 1:02 AM

2gofaster

I should get something for having an ex wife that works for southwest, right? lol

Shane Hill

#25 Thu, Oct 29, 2009 3:10 AM

philgood

My best friends dad works for a smaller charter company for southwest maybe i can get a group deal or something

Board footer