Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 9:47 AM

2gofaster

Suggestion for goal page

Wade,

I was thinking about an enhancement for the goal page.  Right now you have three big boxes.  Instead of 3 big boxes where you can enter your goals, what about seperating those into seperate dialog boxes for each goal(3-5 under each heading)?  But then put a check box next to each one so the user can mark that goal complete. With that check box, you could then track those goals and do things based on the user checking it. You could send an email out, auto generate a forum thread as a congratulation, auto enter them into raffles or drawings, etc. If they had a PSC virtual coach, you could email them to let them know that goal was attained also. What do you think?

Shane Hill

#2 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 12:45 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Re: Suggestion for goal page

I think there is merit and benefit to what your suggesting. My mind always works on the Progession frequency. Which is based upon little challenges and little victories & rewards...

If anyone is open to improvement, pushing the edge of the envelope and capable of implementing an updated program, it would certainly be Wade!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#3 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 4:15 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

I like it! What else?

#4 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 4:23 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34

How about a "laugh-track" for when you overstate your goals?  big_smile

#5 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 4:25 PM

2gofaster

Deke wrote:

How about a "laugh-track" for when you overstate your goals?  big_smile

Don't you guys get that enough from your wives?!?! LMAO

Shane Hill

#6 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 7:31 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Foot Forward: right

My wife just rolls her eyes!!!

#7 Fri, Oct 23, 2009 2:03 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34

Two ideas...

It might be nice to have a way to "track" your goals.  For instance, at the end of the season you might want to comment on the degree of success for each item.  Then set new goals for next year, but archive the previous ones.  Or anytime you update or revise your goals the old ones would archive similar to ski settings and basically be attached to the sets that were skied under those goals.

Here's another thought... and I know most people probably wouldn't want to log in this much detail... BUT.  "Set planning" would be a good idea.  Maybe just another dialog on the set page where if you wanted to you could place your "mini goals" or plan for the set.  Later you would come back and log it as usual.  I try to commit to a plan before I ski and if I don't I end up just waiting to see what happens.  The plan then just gets made for you and usually ends up being "do the best you can" and by then the set is half over.  If you want to actually practice something you need commit to it before you hit the water.  I think this is what logging is all about.

My .02

#8 Fri, Oct 23, 2009 2:23 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

I like the idea of goals for next set.

The goals are archived every time you update them, so there will
be a way in the future for you to review your goals. I like the idea of checking them off.

More $.02 anyone ??? Not just on goals but on any aspect of the ski log. This is the design time of year, so all ideas welcome!!

Board footer