Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 5:54 AM

Blair

Radar Questions

hey guys i figured i would use this opportunity to help the community.

i have been afforded the chance to head to radar and radar lake this weekend through work, this will be a work / info gathering trip, with some skiing involved. big_smile

if any one here has any relevent questions that they would like me to ask the guys while i am at radar put em up here... i will do my best to ask them and get an answer.

last time i lok on here before i leave will be tomorrow night (thursday) at about 8pm (10pm eastern)

hopefully i can be of service to the community and not just be as happy as a kid in a candy store for myself big_smile

#2 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 12:51 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Re: Radar Questions

Hey Blair!

Ask them if there is a release date for the new INT. approved version of the Senate C ???

Thanx!smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#3 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 12:56 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34
Foot Forward: Right

h20dawg79 wrote:

Hey Blair!

Ask them if there is a release date for the new INT. approved version of the Senate C ???

Thanx!smile

In "Theory" it has already be released.  big_smile

#4 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 1:01 PM

davemac
Foot Forward: RFF

I'm curious if the 2010 Annex has been updated to follow the design of the Strada (rather than the RS-1).

#5 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 1:06 PM

Deke

Blair,

The stand-off washers for the Sequence Plate are driving me crazy!  First they were made of aluminum and would wear out after a minimal number of sets.  Now they are made of stainless steel and are wearing the plate out in very few sets which is worse.  This area could use a little attention and redesign.

My suggestions would be something on the lines of Delrin (acetal) for material and maybe cut from an extruded "T" stock instead of being round.  The two combined would give more surface area and a more suitable bearing material.  If you want I could send you a sketch.

Deke

#6 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 1:35 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Foot Forward: right

Deke,

You're right on the money with the offsets! I found a spacer from Mc Master Carr that's made of teflon/delrin. It's called a PTFE spacer. Part # 93835A340. $12.81 for a pack of 10. They might be a little on the short side, but seem to be working well for me!

#7 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 3:28 PM

Deke

Steven Haines wrote:

Deke,

You're right on the money with the offsets! I found a spacer from Mc Master Carr that's made of teflon/delrin. It's called a PTFE spacer. Part # 93835A340. $12.81 for a pack of 10. They might be a little on the short side, but seem to be working well for me!

Thanks, I'll check them out.  It really bums me that my plate is gouged now.  As a temporary fix/experiment I have filled the gouges with JB Weld  and sanded flush, but won't know how that works until spring.  Those spacers you suggested may work with the JB Weld filler alot better than the SS spacers.  Thanks again.

#8 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 3:52 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Deke wrote:

h20dawg79 wrote:

Hey Blair!

Thanx!smile

In "Theory" it has already be released.  big_smile

Ha,ha! -I hear ya!

But, I was hoping for a little more Carbon and  little more go fast!!! big_smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#9 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 3:58 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor

If that doesn't work, I've seen those plates on Ski It Again for a reasonable price. I don't know what material they're making those out of. You'd think that they would hold up better than that! I just made up some plates of my own out of 6061 T6 Aluminum .90 thick. They're a little thick, but it doesn't seem to restrict the flex of the ski any. That's another option, you could take your plate to you're local machine shop and have a copy made.

#10 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 6:08 PM

Thomas Wayne

I machined standoffs out of bearing-grade Bronze with a much larger footprint and that seems to have eliminated the problem.

TW

#11 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 7:24 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor

That'd work too! We just don't have any machines that'll handle anything that small.

#12 Fri, Oct 23, 2009 3:32 AM

tjo

Thomas Wayne wrote:

I machined standoffs out of bearing-grade Bronze with a much larger footprint and that seems to have eliminated the problem.

TW

TW, someone told me you sell those...is that correct?  What's the price and how do I order?

Travis Ogden

#13 Fri, Oct 23, 2009 2:31 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake

Yes TW, do you sell those?

Garn

#14 Sat, Oct 24, 2009 10:09 PM

T-UP

I just got my bindings today and I see how the spacer could gouge the plate, I was thinking about putting a small stainless washer over the spacer. Has anyone tried that?

#15 Sun, Oct 25, 2009 1:54 AM

rq0013
Skis At: 2@-35, 36 mph pb
Foot Forward: LFF

I think you guys are getting too fancy machining different metals.... I just went to the hardware store and got some black nylon spacers 30-45 cents total.

#16 Sun, Oct 25, 2009 2:02 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

rq0013 wrote:

I think you guys are getting too fancy machining different metals.... I just went to the hardware store and got some black nylon spacers 30-45 cents total.

I agree with this Theory. As it would provide a Spacing property that is less then that of the Plate. Allowing the spacer to absorb the wear and tear. Of course, this would need to be maintenanced as needed...

The Optimum set up might be a washer with a larger foot print and of a slightly softer composition then the orig. Plate material... -I have No idea what that would be!big_smile

#17 Mon, Oct 26, 2009 1:45 PM

Deke

T-UP wrote:

I just got my bindings today and I see how the spacer could gouge the plate, I was thinking about putting a small stainless washer over the spacer. Has anyone tried that?

Stainless will gouge the plate.  Aluminum will wear out prematurely.

#18 Mon, Oct 26, 2009 1:53 PM

Deke

h20dawg79 wrote:

rq0013 wrote:

I agree with this Theory. As it would provide a Spacing property that is less then that of the Plate. Allowing the spacer to absorb the wear and tear. Of course, this would need to be maintenanced as needed...

The Optimum set up might be a washer with a larger foot print and of a slightly softer composition then the orig. Plate material... -I have No idea what that would be!big_smile

I tried the hardware store, nylon bushing thing and they wear out instantly.

I just ordered some parts to do an alternative but won't get to test anything other than fit until spring.  Basically, it is 1/4" Delrin washers (1/2" OD) and #8 alum. spacers (1/4" OD).  The spacer goes thru the washers and just serves as a standoff.  The washers provide the antifriction and are larger dia. than the originals.  Let you know how it turns out.

Deke

#19 Tue, Oct 27, 2009 12:47 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Deke wrote:

h20dawg79 wrote:

rq0013 wrote:

I tried the hardware store, nylon bushing thing and they wear out instantly.

I just ordered some parts to do an alternative but won't get to test anything other than fit until spring.  Basically, it is 1/4" Delrin washers (1/2" OD) and #8 alum. spacers (1/4" OD).  The spacer goes thru the washers and just serves as a standoff.  The washers provide the antifriction and are larger dia. than the originals.  Let you know how it turns out.

Deke

Cool! -keep us posted on your results!

Maybe you can hit the " PSC Team Gig" and check em' out even sooner!cool

Board footer