Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Oct 18, 2009 11:44 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

HO phantom bindings

How do you know if you have a front or rear binding. Are the bolt patterns different and would it have an effect on ones skiing?

I have an HO phantom 2x in the front and would like to replace it, if I could find another phantom that is new I would rather do that,

online some of the pictures look just like my front, but say they are rears.  So I am confused

Any input?

Thanks

Todd

#2 Mon, Oct 19, 2009 3:51 AM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: HO phantom bindings

The front plate will have slots at the toe, set holes in the middle, and slots at the heel.
The rear plate tapers at the back and has about 2 inches of metal extending past the heel.

I'm pretty sure that the boots are the same, unlike the animals. Even if you get a rear boot,
you should be able to move it onto the front plate that you already have.

#3 Mon, Oct 19, 2009 2:35 PM

ToddF

That is what I was hoping. Thanks

Todd

#4 Mon, Oct 19, 2009 7:48 PM

Thomas Wayne

HO 410 wrote:

[...]

I'm pretty sure that the boots are the same, unlike the animals. Even if you get a rear boot,
you should be able to move it onto the front plate that you already have.

That is incorrect.  The Phantom back boot and front boot are not the same length (overall), the back boot has four lace guides while the front boot has six, and the screw placements that anchor the boot to the plates are radically different.

The only way you could mount a Phantom rear boot onto a Phantom front plate would be to modify the plate (drill new holes), and after you did that you would still be disappointed.

TW

#5 Tue, Oct 20, 2009 2:16 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

I stand quite corrected.

The plates are pretty distinctive though.

#6 Tue, Oct 20, 2009 3:10 PM

ToddF

Great information.

Thanks This site can be and is a great resource.

Todd

Board footer