Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#51 Fri, Nov 6, 2009 1:50 AM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Who's Still Skiing?

70 deg air. water was close to 50 today at utah lake. Indian summer going off. First day i have skied in two or three month with no back pain i am stoked.

MC

#52 Fri, Nov 6, 2009 2:18 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Foot Forward: right

I hope to ski this Sunday! I haven't had a day off work in 32 days! d:-o   (I'm not complaining)

#53 Sun, Nov 8, 2009 6:36 PM

Galejan
Skis At: Tunsättersjön
Foot Forward: left

To bad,our last tournament is over and the boat is up and redo for the winter rest.It was 44*F in the water and 41*F in the air,not too bad.
Made my tournament PB so i´m pleased,but one guy made it to first bouy in the first round(we had two rounds and final),after that he didnt get close to the water again that day.Ended the day with sauna and bubbelpool,great!!
If theres no ice,we were planing on a tournament on new yeareve,we will see....

#54 Sun, Nov 8, 2009 9:07 PM

MattP
Skis At: Searching
Foot Forward: Left

Just got home from the lake did 3 sets today Air 73 water 62. I did not ski to well but it sure was alot of fun!

Looking for a place to ski near Kennesaw, Ga.
-MattP

#55 Mon, Nov 9, 2009 2:20 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.

Skied yesterday here in So. Cal.  Water temp was 60 and the air was 75 +. Skied in shorts and a top. I was surprised how comfortable it was as I haven't been in the water for about 3 weeks. I didn't set the world on fire, but then again I didn't expect too!!!  cool  Fun Stuff!!!

#56 Mon, Nov 9, 2009 6:09 PM

snow1122

Skied Saturday, air was 50 and water 52.....burrr..............
Skied couple of sets and had a great time in my dry suit........
I guess, we're almost done here in S. Cali.
Crossing our fingers for a great snow skiing season soon.

Snow

#57 Tue, Nov 10, 2009 6:33 PM

kstateskier

ski'd all last week at San Marcos River Ranch!  Water temps were in the low 70's, air temps in the high 70's absolutely NO WIND and NOT A CLOUD IN THE SKY!

KstateSkier
"The only thing standing between you and your goals is you"

#58 Wed, Nov 11, 2009 7:40 PM

Essvar
Skis At: Dawn
Foot Forward: RFF

kstateskier wrote:

ski'd all last week at San Marcos River Ranch!  Water temps were in the low 70's, air temps in the high 70's absolutely NO WIND and NOT A CLOUD IN THE SKY!

I skied with Trent Finlanson last week at Utopia in San Marcos... Same conditions it was just epic.  Is there any way to ski at San Marcos Ski Ranch without being an owner? I'll be going back to Texas again this winter would like to get some more skiing in.

#59 Sat, Nov 28, 2009 7:23 PM

MChilcutt

We skied Utah lake yesterday after we broke the ice out of the course with the boat. It took about 10 passes with the boat to get all the ice out of the way. So the air was 48 deg and the water! well it was frozen when we got there.
Skiing was great i ran two great -28 never tried a -32 with it being so cold. So bumbed we have no snow yet so we will stay on the water as long as possible.
? my ski performes better on the colder deeper water i am wondering what i need to adjust for the warmer shallower water? Any input would be great.

MC

#60 Sat, Nov 28, 2009 7:30 PM

ColinBuchanan
Skis At: SkiTek

Start off trying less wing. Then think about fin adjustment if your ski is still sinking in the water.

#61 Sat, Nov 28, 2009 7:41 PM

MChilcutt

Thanks Colin

MC

#62 Sat, Nov 28, 2009 10:18 PM

2gofaster

Skied today. No sun, 69-70 degree air, water temp 49!!, shorts and a 2mm wetsuit top. My freaking legs were feeling it.  Time to switch to a full wetsuit or dry suit. Regardless, I learned something today about my skiing so it was well worth it.

Shane Hill

#63 Sun, Nov 29, 2009 6:57 PM

philgood
Skis At: 22' off @32 mph

Im usin a billabong 403 foil wetsuit and some neoprene booties. they keep me pretty warm. the water is only about 50 with air temps around 55-60 on a good day, so im hopin to ski thru the winter

You can't take life too seriously because you'll never get out of it alive."

#64 Mon, Nov 30, 2009 9:29 PM

kstateskier

Ski'd this past Saturday Nov 28th!  65 air temps, 61 water temps...  Busted out the full wetsuit and after the initial "oh gosh its kind of cold!" it really wasn't that bad!  Pretty good conditions for November!  Wind laid down long enough to get one set in a piece! 

Its so amazing to me that being off the water 3/4 weeks and you lose all your skiing stamina!  And I even bike 3 times a week and run 3/4 times, major miles too.  Slalom skiing is just such a different animal!

KstateSkier
"The only thing standing between you and your goals is you"

#65 Tue, Dec 1, 2009 12:55 AM

tjo

Agreed!  I skied a quick set in Arizona last week after not skiing for over a month and my opening pass was absolutely horrible.  Out of an 8 pass set, I only had one pass that I actually felt good about.  Didn't come close to my PB.  I'm pretty active and consider myself to be in good shape, but three days later and my arms and back are still sore!  If anyone has some good exercises to do in the offseason to keep those waterski specific muscles ready, please share.

Travis Ogden

#66 Tue, Dec 1, 2009 1:51 AM

philgood
Skis At: 22' off @32 mph

yeah i couldnt leave college to ski on the weekends for 2 months! it takes awhile to get back into the groove but i think just thinking about form and practicing on land really helped me out! i dont have those little bad habits that i got from overthinking this summer anymore if that makes sence

You can't take life too seriously because you'll never get out of it alive."

#67 Wed, Dec 9, 2009 5:44 PM

Hayden
Skis At: Ski Park Lake

Skiin at least twice a week up here in the pacific northwest,, the lake froze up this week, havin a cold snap here,, supposed to be back in the 40's and rainin by the weekeend, hope it thaws quick.

#68 Tue, Dec 15, 2009 1:25 AM

psmccontroleng

Still Skiing in Scotland at the Scottish Water Ski Centre and still in a wetsuit. Water temperature on Sunday was 2.5 degrees C (36.5 F) and air temperature was -2.5 C (27.5 F) Combined total of 64 F. Had to use the boat to break up the ice from the course before we could ski.

Its cold but we aren't giving in to the winter. The club still has at least 20 members still skiing and will continue right through the winter. Although some now are in drysuits this week.

Last edited by psmccontroleng (Tue, Dec 15, 2009 1:42 AM)

#69 Mon, Sep 27, 2010 4:00 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole

mid 80's all week.

#70 Mon, Sep 27, 2010 4:11 PM

snow1122

106 today:o)

#71 Mon, Sep 27, 2010 11:33 PM

Skiboy
Skis At: Pigeon Lake @ Ski Tek

60 degrees this morning at 7, 60 water. Getting all i can for the next 3 weeks, before is shut down

Skiing Finatic Once Again

#72 Tue, Sep 28, 2010 10:52 AM

ski6

had 100 degree Fahrenheit temp this last weekend and water is 73.4 degree Fahrenheit and it is only spring in South Africa!

#73 Tue, Sep 28, 2010 2:24 PM

jamisonsbrodie
Skis At: Lotus Lake

Still skiing, water is in the 50's, and the air temp ranges from 50-65.  My frequency has dropped significantly however.  I will continue to ski until about Nov. 1st as long as there are days with air temp 50+

#74 Sat, Oct 2, 2010 12:21 AM

Shark

Weather has been spectacular this week. Water is mid 60's and clear blue sky. Unfortunately nobody around so can't take advantage. Did get out a few days ago to tweaking the helmet cam...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79QZG8evN1I

Blended with some Rush from Seattle this summer

#75 Sat, Oct 2, 2010 12:43 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Cool stuff! (of course rockin' Rush might reveal our age!) Man, that water was sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! The helmet cam is a great indication of where the head ( not necessarily vision) is aimed. Both sq. and plumb.

While watching, I kept wanting to stay looking at the pylon deper into the pull/edge change! -I wonder what my helmet cam would show?!?! -maybe I would be saying the same thing!?!? roll

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

Board footer