Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Oct 9, 2009 5:33 PM

MAT

Heat Molding RS1 Liners

Need instructions on how to heat mold RS1 liners with a convection oven, Thanks.

#2 Fri, Oct 9, 2009 5:44 PM

ScotChipman
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Heat Molding RS1 Liners

Scot Chipman

#3 Fri, Oct 9, 2009 6:19 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

I just used a hair drier. Nothing special. Held the nozzle about five inches above the collar of the liner, doing that allowed the air to circulate and keep the boots from overheating. After about three minutes the liners were nice and toasty and. as far as I could tell, evenly heated. I did stop and check the liner about every 20 seconds to make sure the liner was not scorching; who would think it, but it turns out hair driers get really hot. This more closely resembles the Intuition oven that is shown in the directions that come with the liners: heat is heat, but because the card calls for the liners to be heated while they are in the shells. Both methods will work, this seemed a little more hassle free to me.

#4 Fri, Oct 9, 2009 6:55 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

I used this method. It was EZ and worked great just as shown in video...

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#5 Sat, Oct 10, 2009 2:16 AM

BScolt

I put a thermometer in the oven to make sure I kept the temp between 200 and  225 5 minutes one side flipped it over 2 minutes other side took it out put it in the shell on the ski and put my foot in it until it cooled down or about 5 minutes.  I also put a little bit of paper towel in the toe to give my toes a little more room.  I did one binding at a time.  Skied them the next day.  took about two passes and man did I like them.

Board footer