Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Oct 8, 2009 9:08 PM

alski
Skis At: Twin Lakes
Foot Forward: Right

My Ski Log Sets

So the season up here in the Northeast is just about done.  Maybe another set or 2, but that's it. 
Thanks to My Ski Log, I logged every single set this season, 89 as of today, and was able to follow my progress (and my slumps).  The notes I made from each set helped me focus on problem areas and think about what worked and what didn't, which has made me a better skier.  So, cheers to My Ski Log (and specifically to Wade and the rest of you for making it available) for a great season.

Also, we can see the Ski Log Leader Board, but how about the rest of you?  How many sets did you log on My Ski Log and how has it helped?

#2 Thu, Oct 8, 2009 9:12 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

Re: My Ski Log Sets

Im at 118 right now, and I'll tell you right now it is the single best thing I've done for my skiing this season. Not only do I track all my sets, but I can keep track of all my ski settings right along side of the sets.... which comes in handy when you are testing a couple different skis.

Last year I was closer to 200 sets... and I was totally burnt out! I've been able to ski less this year with more consistency, since I'm able to keep such good track of exactly where I am during each set.

Try and ski 11 sets before you pull the boat out so you can say you got to 100!!

#3 Thu, Oct 8, 2009 9:17 PM

whatup33
Skis At: cutler

i logged 10 sets cuz i did not find proskicoach till late in the year.  i dont know that it did me a ton of good this year, but i'm definitely looking forward to using it all of next year.  i think it will be great to be able to review past progress and what i thought was helping or hurting.   i'm like you i live in the northwest and its been to freaking cold around these parts lately so my ski season looks like it maybe over except for a couple random warm days

Chris

#4 Sun, Oct 11, 2009 2:23 AM

BScolt

what does one consider a typical set.  Do you you ski more than one a day?

#5 Sun, Oct 11, 2009 3:20 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

1 set would be one time you have your ski on. Maybe 6 or 8 passes up and down the lake? However long you ski for. You can get maybe two or three rides in a day...

#6 Tue, Oct 20, 2009 10:11 PM

alski

Bump.  I'm done.   Course and boat came out over the weekend.  89 sets on the year.  Not bad for an abbreviated NY season.  Next year's goal is 100 sets. Big thanks to PSC and My Ski Log.

#7 Wed, Oct 21, 2009 6:07 PM

kstateskier

I too found the Ski log late in the season but I figure I ski 2 sets a day 4 times a week since April 10th thru about the 2nd week of Sept.  With about 2 dozen sets before that...  that works out to about...  184 sets over the season not including tournaments.

KstateSkier
"The only thing standing between you and your goals is you"

#8 Wed, Oct 21, 2009 7:27 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Foot Forward: right

LUCKY!!!

#9 Wed, Oct 21, 2009 8:32 PM

alski

kstateskier wrote:

I too found the Ski log late in the season but I figure I ski 2 sets a day 4 times a week since April 10th thru about the 2nd week of Sept.  With about 2 dozen sets before that...  that works out to about...  184 sets over the season not including tournaments.

That puts you second on the leader board.  Nicely done and lucky indeed.

#10 Wed, Oct 21, 2009 9:32 PM

kstateskier

It WOULD have put me 2nd on the leader board had I logged all my sets...   sad (next year)

When do you guys log your sets?  I usually logged mine the next day when I'm at work.  usually by the time I get home from the lake its pretty late - eat some food, drink a beer and head to bed!

KstateSkier

#11 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 1:17 PM

alski

kstate,  I guess next year youll have to give PFG a run for the Most Logged Sets Title. 

I ski most of my sets in the morning before work.  Then I head to work and the first thing I do is log my sets.  I usually have them logged within an hour from when I skied, when theyre still fresh in my mind.

#12 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 4:30 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

As soon as possible. Definitely before you ski again.... it's a hard habbit to get into, but it helps a ton -- it might seem like a pain to take 5 minutes out of your day and punch your set in, but even if it's no comments, you'll put yourself up there on the leader board.

Ofcourse I always kick myself if I log a set with no comments, because then I don't have anything to look back at and really learn from other than my raw performance, conditions, etc. Still good to keep track of though.

can't wait to do a redesign / upgrade this winter and make it an even more powerful tool!

#13 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 5:50 PM

kstateskier

I wonder how much gas $$$ tha translate to?  ugh  better not think about it smile

KstateSkier

#14 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 6:05 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole

I need some clarification help, are we saying a set is a set on the water or a day skiing.  I have been logging in each day as a set, but I do three sets while I am out that day.

I know it really doesn't matter, but I am curious how others are counting sets.

right now I am at +- 65 days three sets each time 195 total sets. 

Thanks

Todd

#15 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 6:08 PM

ScotChipman

Wade, When you do a redesign can you allow us to edit or sets? It would also be nice to look up just my tournament sets. When I look at my top scores for the year it brings up my top ten, problem is when I go to the second page it does not bring up my top 11-20 scores of the year? How do I look at my top 11-20 scores for the year? THANKS

Scot Chipman

#16 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 6:15 PM

alski

A set for me is each time I get in the water for 6-8 passes.  Some days I take multiple sets, and log each one individually.

As you say, if you've skied 65 days and 3 sets each, that's a very impressive 195 sets.

#17 Thu, Oct 22, 2009 6:27 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole

A suggestion on the best score portion of the ski log.

What if there were three or four best scores, and as you select each one it automatically counts your sets.

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/thumbs/5654_sets.jpg

#18 Fri, Oct 23, 2009 3:24 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

ToddF -

Personally I like looking back and reading past sets. Putting a bunch of sets in the same log would limit the comments you could add. Time on the water is valuable and I like tracking each one individually.

I'm not opposed to it though. What does everyone else think?

Nice rendering!

#19 Fri, Oct 23, 2009 6:48 PM

miski
Skis At: Jepawhit, Lyons, SkiTec
Foot Forward: Left

I hit 101 and that will be it for MI this year, but that includes 7 sets from last Nov-Dec. I lost this September to an injury, and then it got cold too fast.  Over the winter I am planning to copy in my 48 sets from Aug-07 to Oct-08 (hand written log) and I'll have my entire skiing career in SkiLog!

I usually put my sets in right afterwards from my smart-phone - but sometimes wait until the day after. If we get video, we don't get to review it right away most of the time, so I have to go back and add notes after checking out video. Right now I select/copy text from the associated set, delete the set, then create a new one w/ added notes from video. Next year when we can edit our sets, this will be easier smile  It would also be mighty cool if you could upload video and link it to your set – having your key breakthroughs in video linked to SkiLog  - yeh, put that on the dev list!

I also make sure and write down what I was thinking before, during, after a set besides technical details - so my log is like one long thought process...

WW - you know I dig SkiLog - thanks!

Last edited by miski (Fri, Oct 23, 2009 6:49 PM)

#20 Fri, Oct 23, 2009 8:11 PM

Griff
Skis At: Richmond Water Ski Club

Hey Wade,
As you know, my interests are:
1) Generating reports for analysis.
2) Dropdown boxes (selections) for boats, drivers, and any field with previously entered data.
3) Maybe a calendar pop-up for the date.

Thanks for all you do AND MySkiLog!
Griff

#21 Sat, Oct 24, 2009 10:55 AM

Griff
Skis At: Richmond Water Ski Club

ToddF wrote:

A suggestion on the best score portion of the ski log.

What if there were three or four best scores, and as you select each one it automatically counts your sets.

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/upload … 4_sets.jpg

Todd,
I think this is great but it's really just a report filtered from that day and could be sorted if desired. You could still enter the sets as Wade has set it up now, just report on the info filtered and sorted based on the fields you want.  It's all in the reporting. The data is there.
Griff

Board footer