Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Oct 8, 2009 6:47 PM

v1car
Foot Forward: Left

Impact of tower on wake

Hi,
I have a Malibu LXi 2004 and thinking of putting a tower on to put the ski's in the racks as on the floor can be a pain in the ass.  I'm purely a slalom skier and wondered if a tower adds too much weight to impact the wakes.  Especially as start getting in to some line shortenings.
Cheers

#2 Thu, Oct 8, 2009 7:07 PM

Aligator
Skis At: everywhere
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Impact of tower on wake

There will be a small increase in wake size, but a tower still weighs less than an additional person so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

It'd be a bigger problem when you're at shortline. If the tower was mounted too far back on the boat it will block the rope. But that's at reallly short lines, and most towers wouldn't be in the way. Just do your research.

Seems like a pretty hefty expense on the wallet if you only slalom ski though

#3 Thu, Oct 8, 2009 9:50 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Re: Impact of tower on wake

I have a '04 Lxi and have added a tower. I didn't notice any diiference except how dog-gone Cool the boat looks now!!!big_smile

I'm sure the amp, sub. aux. batt., and 4 cans will add a bit more as well. But, I'd rather have it "ROCKIN"!smile

I usually ditch the back seat and any other unnecessary stuff when I go to the course...

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

Board footer