Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Oct 7, 2009 3:05 AM

dpopove

Dual Lock

Anyone know what the part number is for the black 250 dual lock that is shipped from Goode?

#2 Wed, Oct 7, 2009 3:15 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Dual Lock

Not sure the part number, try this:

http://www.fastenation.com/class.php?id … =145,254,6

#3 Wed, Oct 7, 2009 3:38 AM

dpopove

Thanks, do you know what the differnce is between the GPA and the VHA?

#4 Wed, Oct 7, 2009 1:48 PM

NickA
Skis At: Boughton Lodge, South Lake, Princes & Lacanau

You need VHB (v high bond) not the GPA (general purpose). Not sure how you specify white foam or black foam. Goode now supply black with black foam.

#5 Wed, Oct 7, 2009 2:13 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

The white is a lottttt easier to work with! It might not last quite as long, but when it does come time to replace it (and it will) you're going to need 2 hours and a can of goo-be-gone to get *most* of the black stuff off.

#6 Wed, Oct 7, 2009 2:18 PM

NickA
Skis At: Boughton Lodge, South Lake, Princes & Lacanau

Must say I agree & have switched back to white foam. Generally white lasts a year and by then the duallock needs replacing anyway if you ski quite a bit.

#7 Wed, Oct 7, 2009 3:04 PM

ScotChipman

http://www.itapestore.com/3mduallock.aspx

SJ3560 3M™ Dual Lock™ 250 Clear stems with clear VHB adhesive - 1"

SJ3550 3M™ Dual Lock™ 250 Black stems with white VHB Adhesive - 1"

I don''t know where to buy the 3M™ Dual Lock™ 250 Black stems with black VHB Adhesive in 1" strips that GOODE sells/sold?? I think GOODE now mostly sells the SJ3560 3M™ Dual Lock™ 250 Clear stems with clear VHB adhesive which is what I would buy.

Last edited by ScotChipman (Wed, Oct 7, 2009 3:10 PM)

Scot Chipman

#8 Wed, Oct 7, 2009 4:45 PM

dpopove

Thanks for all the info

#9 Thu, Oct 8, 2009 11:28 AM

Galejan
Skis At: Tunsättersjön
Foot Forward: left

I just bought a used Goode with the duallock on,my question is what is the best way to change worn duallock strips.
Mechanicly or chemicals or both,i dont want to damage the skis surface. I have black foam on now.

#10 Thu, Oct 8, 2009 12:53 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

You must use some sort of chemical to get the black interloc off, there's no other way of taking it off. Not sure what you have available but we have several products "goo-be-gone" or some sort of label and sticker remover. You can rip off as much as you can, but there will be a lot of residue left behind. You'll need to spray it on, wait for a few minutes, and then using a plastic putty knife start scraping it off. Just dont use any sharp objects to take it off and you shouldnt do any noticeable damage.

#11 Thu, Oct 8, 2009 1:48 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34

Vegie oil or mineral oil works as well.  I think that's all the commercial products are anyway.  The trick is time and patience!  Another good one is good ol' WD40.

#12 Fri, Oct 9, 2009 5:51 PM

Galejan
Skis At: Tunsättersjön
Foot Forward: left

I will try WD40 first,that i have at home.The other stuff like label remover i have to look fore.A piece of plastic to scrape is a very good tip(i have used it before but forgot the reason why).The only thing I´d heard before is PATIENCE,i have used my fingertips but that hurts after a while.

#13 Fri, Oct 9, 2009 7:34 PM

JAS

Start at one end of strip and use single edge razor blade to "filet" thru foam backing at same time lifting strip. The closer to ski the better. Then soak remaining adhesive foam on ski with mineral spirits and leave for 10-15 minutes. Now use same razor blade to remove remaining. Rag with mineral to wipe and finish

Board footer