Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Sep 29, 2009 4:30 AM

BScolt

RS-1 Binding plate?

Looking at getting a set of the RS-1 bindings for an Obrien SS.  Did I hear right that you can get separate plates for each binding  versus the one piece somewhat floating plate for both the bindings.  Is there any advantage to actual ski performance if that is the actual case.  Would the long single plate for both bindings change a skis flex at all  mainly the ss.  Changing from Wiley bindings.

#2 Tue, Sep 29, 2009 4:24 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34
Foot Forward: Right

Re: RS-1 Binding plate?

Get the plate.  It makes binding setup real versatile.  Once you have them set the way you like relative to each other, changing forward/back is just two screws and slide.  You can also do half hole adjustments.  Also, if you want to throw your setup onto another ski it is simple and you don't lose the relationship from one binding to the other.

#3 Tue, Sep 29, 2009 5:01 PM

BScolt

Not to concerned with ease of moving the bindings (although a benefit).  More concerned with how it will affect the skis performance.  Are they offering separate plates for each binding or was I mistaken?

#4 Tue, Sep 29, 2009 5:19 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Apparently enough people asked, so Radar is making separate plates. I think more than anything this is to simplify using a third party toe-loop. Really, the functional difference will be a few less grams, Four more screws, and maybe a few cents higher or lower.

I know the Sequence plate uses Stainless steel bushings at the front and back to allow the screws and ski to move relative to the plate while the plate stays still. I would expect the separate plates to do something similar. Neither will monkey with the flex of your ski any more than your current plates do unless you are using a G-10 plate.

Last edited by HO 410 (Tue, Sep 29, 2009 5:35 PM)

Board footer