Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Sep 28, 2009 2:57 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

About lost my baby!

I had a real scare this past Saturday.  I was out with my wife and our two little girls free skiing in what we call Mud Lake which is actually Provo Bay in Utah Lake.  I just got done skiing, sat my HO A1 on the deck of the boat, climbed in, got out of my wetsuit, etc, and drove off.  Then I pulled my little girls on the kneeboard.  When they were done we decided we were done for the day.  So we headed back driving the 6 or so miles to the harbor.  Pulled the boat out, and started cleaning the boat.  It was then I realized that my ski was NOT in the boat.  Re-launch the boat, frantically drive all the way back to Mud Lake, and start driving around praying that I would find my ski.  I was sick.  I figured it had probably floated into the reeds where it would be lost forever.  And I couldn't afford to go buy a new one.  I didn't know what I was going to do.  But to my surprise, we found it almost immediately just floating right there in the middle of the lake!  Thank goodness it was a windless day so it wasn't pushed into the reeds.  I tell ya, I'll never pull that bonehead move again!

Garn

#2 Mon, Sep 28, 2009 3:12 PM

MChilcutt

Re: About lost my baby!

I thought you were going to tell us one of your kids almost drown. Glad you got your stick back. How was boat traffic Saturday? I wanted to get out but i am trying to let my back get some much needed rest before we leave for Powell Thursday.

MC

#3 Tue, Sep 29, 2009 12:40 AM

ckornutiak

Yea, I had the same thought about the kids.... good thing.

My buddie's brand new D3 bobbed around our lake for about 2 weeks early this season.  His wife found it while out for a paddle.

#4 Tue, Sep 29, 2009 2:04 PM

Garn

Boat traffic is pretty thin now that the water is definitely getting colder.  It was almost like going during the middle of the week there were so few boats.  I have been using my drytop but after Saturday, I think its full drysuit time.  My wife says she's done with Utah Lake for the year.  We are going to Lake Mead in a couple of weeks during UEA which I can hardly wait!  Have fun at Powell Mark!

Garn

#5 Tue, Sep 29, 2009 6:10 PM

MChilcutt

Garn UEA is this weekend.

MC

#6 Tue, Sep 29, 2009 8:36 PM

Garn

It is?  Hmmm..... (checking the calendar).  This is weird.  In Alpine School District they don't have a UEA break.  But October 15 and 16 is what our District calls Fall Break.  So that's when we are going.

You know Mark, I would love to drive down just to ski with you on the portable.  But realistically, its not going to happen on this weekend.

#7 Wed, Sep 30, 2009 1:25 PM

MChilcutt

We will ski a set in your honor.

MC

Board footer