Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Sep 23, 2009 10:28 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Potential Event Locations in Nova Scotia or Eastern Canada

Calling Patrizo Buzzota & Camron, et all:

What sort of sites do you guys ski @ up in the great white north east? Any great venues for a pro event? How about map coordinates? Please let me know ASAP if there is a great venue to bring the Pro Ski Tour to next summer!!

#2 Thu, Sep 24, 2009 4:19 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Re: Potential Event Locations in Nova Scotia or Eastern Canada

Let me know as soon as you can. As many different options as possible would be a good start. Trying to find a large concentration of passionate waterskiers!!!

#3 Thu, Sep 24, 2009 8:59 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario
Foot Forward: Left

Wade, Gary Allen is the pres. for NSWSA.  others to contact could be Eric Horton of PerfectPass maybe?

Ontario needs another pro tour event as well, its been way too long.  Let me know if you want to explore that route and I'll put you in touch with some peeps.

#4 Thu, Sep 24, 2009 9:42 PM

chrispenner

Canada needs it, and don't forget to come back to Abbotsford, BC again next year it will be bigger and bigger every year you do.

Cheers!

#5 Thu, Sep 24, 2009 11:28 PM

CamRon

My father IS Gary Allen.  He sleeps in a king size bed, all gold sheets.  He was 16 when he bought his first mercedes benz. This shits going down for real. Lake Banook would be a perfect venue!! The Godfather will prevail with a memorable event. Incredible idea I would be very proud to host an event of this magnitude on my home site!

[Tactic Media] [Slow Motion Ski Edits Dropping Summer 2010]

#6 Fri, Sep 25, 2009 12:44 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Let me know where this site is... and when would be a good date.

#7 Fri, Sep 25, 2009 1:44 AM

laz

How far East?  There are a bunch of good sites in Ontario.  I'm familiar with Summerski (www.summerski.ca) and Bush's Sports Centre (www.bushsportscenter.com).  Then there is always the McClintock home lake in Cambridge (www.mcclintocks.com).

#8 Fri, Sep 25, 2009 7:13 PM

CamRon

Were talking Nova Scotia.  This site is in the heart of Dartmouth, NS.  If you search lake Banook on google maps it comes right up.  I talked to Gary, he is worried about the financial aspects, he doesn't think we could fund raise enough money to host a pro tour stop.

#9 Fri, Sep 25, 2009 9:33 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

If there's a title sponsor, the idea is that there wouldn't have to be a local fundraising push. Ofcourse local sponsors would come about for a big event, I hope.

#10 Fri, Sep 25, 2009 10:36 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario
Foot Forward: Left

road trip!

#11 Sat, Sep 26, 2009 2:25 AM

CamRon

I will relay the message to Gary and see if he is interested, it seems like a lot of work that I don't think he would personally have time for but he could at least gauge the interest of the community and see if its something they would be interested in putting together.  I personally think it would help NS a lot, there are more skiers that are 50+ right now than there are kids and teens.  We need some motivation that will leave people saying "That was no joke"

#12 Sat, Oct 3, 2009 1:49 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

As mentioned in the Epic Event Locations topic, for $50,000 we can bring the pro tour just about anywhere. You can have as many or as few local businesses involved. We are interested in putting on a festival type event with local bands, [beer] and just a great show all around. It sounds like you guys are super excited -- I would love to see it happen.

#13 Sun, Oct 4, 2009 8:24 PM

CamRon

Just talked to Gary, doesn't think it will happen in the near future.  The NS is essentially him and a few other guys.  We do not own a jump right now either anywhere in NS...  Hopefully in the future we could get something like this to happen because it is an amazing site, but its just not realistic at this point in time...

#14 Sun, Oct 4, 2009 8:46 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

CamRon,

It sounds like Gary is sort of closed mineded about this. He and a few other guys are the only humans in Nova Scotia? We are not looking for water sports industry sponsors. Are you telling me there are no local businesses on in Nova Scotia that would want to gain themselves international recognition by sponsoring a professional sproting event?

#15 Mon, Oct 5, 2009 12:37 AM

CamRon

Honestly Wade I have no idea what it takes to put on a pro tour event, I am currently attending university in Quebec.  I personally don't know of anyone who would be able to organize something like that at the moment.  It definitely sounds like a do-able event, I would help organize it myself if I was able.  Ill email the person who does the Nova Scotia Waterski Association Website and get a notice put up to try to build interest.

#16 Mon, Oct 5, 2009 1:24 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

CamRon (et all:)

There really isn't anything involved in running a pro tour event -- it's the pro Tour, we come to you.

It's just a matter of having some passionate, motivated people like yourself who can:

1) Find the location
2) Get support from the local community

Get these two things going, and we can start going to the next level, to get local sponsors, etc, and move into the next phase of planning. I'm not asking anyone to go out there and run a pro event.

#17 Mon, Oct 5, 2009 2:48 AM

CamRon

Well the Location is perfect and would not be tough to get.  There have been many National Championships hosted on the Lake Banook Site.

Patrizzio Buzzota -  Can you make some calls on your end and see what you can do?  I know you had a big part in getting part in gaining the support needed to premiere the G&S snowski film on a large level scale that we never though possible.  I know you have business contacts too, see if you can get some interest from some local business's.

I'm really amped on this idea... When do we need to have the plans for this finalized ( date for the event.. etc )

Board footer