Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Sep 22, 2009 7:05 PM

Andyb

RTP - Both Feet Balanced ?

I'm currently skiing on a RS-1 66" with Radar Rail front boot and rtp. The Rail boot is a good 1/2 to 3/4inch thick on the foot bed where the rtp is basically a thin bit of rubber probably 1/4inch thick.

Correct me if I am wrong, but with this difference I would always be putting more weight on the front of the ski to keep balance ?
Should I raise the rtp so it is level or more the binding backwards ?

AndyB

#2 Thu, Oct 1, 2009 4:16 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: RTP - Both Feet Balanced ?

I would say you would probably be putting more weight on your back foot as a result of the front boot being raised higher than your back toe plate. I thought the radar rail toe plate had a pretty sizeable pad underneath it as well. Raising your back boot would be pretty good... lowering your front might be better. Either way, without seeing you ski, I would imagine you might have to move your boots forward in order to balance this out.

#3 Thu, Oct 1, 2009 8:19 PM

davemac
Foot Forward: RFF

Re: RTP - Both Feet Balanced ?

I believe Radar has two different style toe plates... the one that looks more like a "slipper" has the bigger pad, which would make it more compatible/ complimentary w/ the Rail boot.  The latest 2010 version (ARTP) of which  has laces and offers a far more customizable fit IMHO.

Board footer