Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Sep 15, 2009 2:59 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

What happens at 39 off

When I mess around at 38/39 off trying to get a ball or two,  I notice a total different feel in getting to the balls.  I really have to be reaching and almost seemingly skiing different than I do at shorter lengths even if I am pulling harder/going faster.

So any 39 off people can you give an explanation of the different feel when the rope stops reaching the balls,

I have felt in my skiing that if I could run 15 I could run 22.  and the same with 28 to 32 there really isn't much difference. 
So I have been assuming that to be true with 35 and 38,  and 39 and 41 would be paired. Where inbetween those paired rope lengths is the biggest jump.

So you 39 and 41 skiers what is feeling you get/have when rounding the buoy at the short rope.

Thanks

Todd

#2 Tue, Sep 15, 2009 3:23 PM

JP

Re: What happens at 39 off

Probably one of the biggest differences at a shorter line length is when you go aroudn the buoy you have a delay until the boat is pulling you. That said unlike at the longer line lengths you cannot pull to the buoy because at some point it would take incredible effort to gain further on the boat. The biggest thing to work on when shortening the rope is to build and hold angle rather than "pulling" because when you "pull" it builds down course speed.

#3 Tue, Sep 15, 2009 3:36 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

Re: What happens at 39 off

It seems like angle is the key, when you get it everything seems easy, when you don't it is hard work.

Is it the same at the super short rope lengths Do you ever get  such great angle at the three ball, and think wow that was easy, even if you are at 41 off,

Board footer