Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#26 Mon, Sep 21, 2009 12:40 AM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

Re: Pro Ski Tour by Malibu Results and Video (Abbotsford, BC)

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Wate … story.html

McClintock wins gold in water skiing competition

CANWEST NEWS SERVICESEPTEMBER 20, 2009 4:01 PM

STORYPHOTOS ( 1 )

Whitney McClintock performs at the National Championship Waterski G3 division competition in Abbotsford in August 2004. McClintock claimed gold in women's slalom water skiing in Abbotsford Sept. 20, 2009.
Photograph by: Ward Perrin, Vancouver Sun files
METRO VANCOUVER — World champion Whitney McClintock of Cambridge, Ont., won the gold medal in women's slalom Saturday at the Water Ski Pro Tour competition in Abbotsford, B.C.

Meanwhile, Jaret Llewellyn of Innisfail, Alta., finished third in men's jump.

McClintock was fourth in qualifying and then defeated Breanne Wagner of Surrey, B.C., in the quarter-final, Karina Nowlan of Australia in the semis and Karen Truelove of the U.S., in the final.

"I felt I had an advantage by going first in each of my rounds and I was able to put the pressure on my opponents each time," said McClintock, 19. "I skied a lot better than in qualifying. In a head-to-head format you have ski better through each round and things turned out well for me today."

McClintock, who won the overall, tricks and slalom titles and led Canada to the team crown at the world championships in Calgary a month ago, will now prepare to defend her overall title at the under-21 worlds set for next month in Guadalajara, Mexico.

In men's jump, world champion Freddy Krueger of the U.S., won the gold medal soaring 209 feet to edge Damian Sharman of Britain who cleared 208.

Llewellyn was fifth in qualifying and opened his head-to-head round defeating Zack Worden of the U.S. The Canadian veteran then faced Krueger in the semifinal and the two arch rivals landed the longest jumps of the day. Krueger went 228 feet and Llewellyn 224.

Llewellyn will train in B.C. for the next week then head to China for a stop on the World Cup circuit.

In men's slalom, Chris Rossi of the U.S., won the final over Thomas Degasperi of Italy. Thomas Moore of Edmonton was eighth in qualifying and lost his opening playoff run to top qualifier Will Asher of Britain.

© Copyright (c) Canwest News Service

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#27 Mon, Sep 21, 2009 2:50 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

http://www.proskicoach.com/pics/whit_wins.jpghttp://www.proskicoach.com/pics/rossi_check.jpg

#28 Mon, Sep 21, 2009 4:08 AM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Foot Forward: right

Congrats Chris! You deserve this win!

#29 Mon, Sep 21, 2009 6:50 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Men's Final Part 1

Men's Final Part 2

#30 Mon, Sep 21, 2009 1:23 PM

miski
Skis At: Jepawhit, Lyons, SkiTec
Foot Forward: Left

Great coverage WW - video is really cool!

Congrats Rossi - huge skiing! 

Great couple of months of skiing - PSC coverage last two weekends is much appreciated.

#31 Mon, Sep 21, 2009 4:12 PM

chrispenner

Great skiing Chris and Whitney for team Radar, thanks to all the skiers for coming up to the great white north to compete once again. Look forward to you all coming back again next year and hopefully we will get it together sooner so we can make it into more of an event. Consesion/beer gardens/live music/ski company booths etc.

Enjoy the fall guys.

Cheers!

#32 Tue, Sep 22, 2009 3:25 AM

GaryBerthelsen
Foot Forward: LFF

Very nice skiing, Mr. Rossi.  You have indeed caught lightning in a bottle this season.  Good luck at the next tournament!

#33 Wed, Sep 23, 2009 6:00 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Women's Finals

#34 Thu, Sep 24, 2009 2:04 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake

Great job Chris!  What an incredible year you are having.  I knew it was coming sooner or later.

Garn

Board footer