Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Sep 11, 2009 3:00 PM

Zane
Foot Forward: Left

INT in Michigan

Ok maybe someone can give me some insight here. Why isnt there an INT league in Michigan??? I dont get it. I grew up in Maine and even there where the only other two slalom skiers I knew were Jason and his dad, there was still an INT League, granted there was only 1 stop in Maine in the north east tour. Non the less though, it was there. Now I live in Michigan and I know of A LOT of skiers here in the state, and some really nice locations that could make for some awesome tourneys. So whats the deal?? and what would it take to get an INT league for the area going?... Wade I know you were in pretty tight with the northeast crew when we were "kids". Do you have any input on this?

#2 Fri, Sep 11, 2009 3:03 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: INT in Michigan

It takes someone to run it! Michigan already has a really active AWSA scene, too. There was someone running the Michigan INT but I'm not sure what the story was there. If you wanted to get really motivated I'm sure you could put it together. Just a lot of organization to be done on the state coordinator's part.

#3 Fri, Sep 11, 2009 3:12 PM

Zane

Are the AWSA events as family friendly as the INT?.. I am going to try and get my kids and wife into it as well.. the kids shouldnt be hard they both love water.. the wife will be the hard sell. I figure if I can get them out to a few events and maybe meet some people it wont be as hard. And does the AWSA have the same classes as INT? I just remember having a great time at those events, everyone was so friendly and it was just an all around good time. And I want my wife and kids to be able to enjoy it and love it the way I do.

#4 Fri, Sep 11, 2009 3:15 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Michigan does a good job on the AWSA scene. It's not quite the environment from the INT which is much more geared towards the entry level tournament skier. But michigan actually has a state series that they keep points from event to event much like the INT does. They also have a 'lay-over' that makes it ability based, even though there are still age divisions involved.

#5 Mon, Sep 14, 2009 4:06 PM

Chef23

bosoxfan51682 wrote:

Are the AWSA events as family friendly as the INT?.. I am going to try and get my kids and wife into it as well.. the kids shouldnt be hard they both love water.. the wife will be the hard sell. I figure if I can get them out to a few events and maybe meet some people it wont be as hard. And does the AWSA have the same classes as INT? I just remember having a great time at those events, everyone was so friendly and it was just an all around good time. And I want my wife and kids to be able to enjoy it and love it the way I do.

I have recently gotten involved in both INT and AWSA tournaments in Massachusetts.  The people at both the AWSA and INT events are equally friendly.  In fact some of the same people are at both events.

The INT events are definitely more friendly to entry level tournament skiers.  For the kids the mulligan concept and giving points for running the green bouys are great.  My son is running full passes and has skied both AWSA and INT events and had a blast.  My daughter is not running full passes but went out and skied her first INT event at the final event this weekend and had a blast.  She skied the mini course and had a blast and is looking forward to next season.

My wife doesn't ski but she came this weekend and had a good time hanging out at the tournament.

We are all looking forward to next season.

Board footer