Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Sep 8, 2009 2:34 AM

jerrysnow
Skis At: Lac rouge
Foot Forward: Left

Regina 1@41 in Louisiana, Labor Day Weekend 2009

I watch a couple of times her run and boy how can she turn in time ? She just seem out of control after each turn. I don't want to sound like she is not good...hell no she ties 2 time the world record and i'm no pro but when i watch her video it is not pretty. She has a really strong gate and first ball but after that she seems to not finish her turn and then jam the ski on edge and just old on....she is a very gutsy skier with a lot of balance but ...i don't know ...i just expect a record run to look more inspiring!? But i have to give her one thing: she is a fighter and that is a very good quality for a competitor in any sport.

Share your passion with others and it will keep yours alive!

#2 Tue, Sep 8, 2009 2:41 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Regina 1@41 in Louisiana, Labor Day Weekend 2009

Nope. Not very pretty at all hua? But she got it done. It's a combination of optimal strength and mental training. She was able to recover from every single mistake. Makes you wonder why you don't see more of the women running 39s all over the place hua? It doesn't necessarily look like she's skiing her best... which is scary, considering she pulled off a tie for the world record no prob!

#3 Tue, Sep 8, 2009 2:57 AM

jerrysnow
Skis At: Lac rouge
Foot Forward: Left

Wade absolutely right,

what would she run with better turn ? she almost got a piece of 2 ball ! How tall is she?
Why is she not finishing her turn ? Just curious. I know it is freaking hard but even at 38 she is doing the same thing.

Share your passion with others and it will keep yours alive!

#4 Tue, Sep 8, 2009 12:08 PM

2gofaster

Every time I watch it I have to wonder what she'd be able to run if she was on top of a ski that was really working for her and setup well. Yes, she runs it. But damn, she had to work it. And this isn't the first time. When she tied the record earlier this year she looked pretty bad on the ski too. That one two ball where she almost falls off the back of the ski, yet still manages to hold on is stupid! lol. She pulls the handle damn near to her chin. I know some really good men 39 off/34 mph skiers and there's not a one of em who could have recovered from that.

Last edited by 2gofaster (Tue, Sep 8, 2009 12:10 PM)

Shane Hill

#5 Tue, Sep 8, 2009 12:13 PM

AndrewBernhagen
Skis At: 0.5 @ 35 off, 36 mph
Foot Forward: LFF

A guy that has helped coach me and skied with me all summer once told me that perfect skiers never win tournaments.  It's the ones who fight and scrap for every buoy and keep fighting after every mistake that win.

Last edited by berndawg3 (Tue, Sep 8, 2009 12:13 PM)

"A bad day on the water is a good day."  -Mike Yankaitis

#6 Thu, Sep 10, 2009 9:31 PM

chrispenner
Foot Forward: Right

Seems everyone is giving props to Chris [Parrish]. Well ski on Chris, can't wait to see you destroy that record when you come to Abbotsford, BC next week, looking forward to it.

On a different note, I don't mean for this to be mean and not that I can ski into 41 off or even 22 off for that matter but Regina's ski looks like it wants to wheelie right out of the water or for lack of a better term it looks a little sloppy.

I feel like if that got smoothed out she could go way deeper into 41 off. Just an observation. Look forward to Regina doing it again in Abbotsford, BC next week. Tear it up girl.

Cheers!

Board footer