Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Sep 9, 2009 1:11 PM

miski
Skis At: Jepawhit, Lyons, SkiTec
Foot Forward: Left

Sore Ribs

I have sore ribs on a regular basis - up high on both sides, under my arms and beneath pecs... it feels pretty deep in my chest, not so much on the surface.

Has onyone else run into this and have ideas on what to do?

#2 Wed, Sep 9, 2009 2:50 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Sore Ribs

more pushuhps ?

#3 Wed, Sep 9, 2009 4:51 PM

miski
Skis At: Jepawhit, Lyons, SkiTec
Foot Forward: Left

Are push ups better than bench press? They probably do work more muscles.

#4 Wed, Sep 9, 2009 5:11 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

Work more muscles... plus maybe the benchpress is what's wrecking you? Something about working with the weight of your own body versus a bunch of weights is definitely better.

#5 Wed, Sep 9, 2009 5:32 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

I've had the pleasure of meeting a D-1 Football strength and conditioning coach.
Increasingly they are doing more exercises that employ gross balance and stabilizer muscles while they use an ever decreasing amount of weight Many of these thing require only body weight. They still do traditional weight training, just not as much. When he was being asked about bench-press, he had a pretty simple flow chart: Bar is better than machine. Individual dumbbells are better than bar. Pushups are a free substitution. If you want to work harder than your body weight will provide, just put your feet on some object that is higher than your shoulders [a balance ball is tons of fun]

It's very much worth visiting a PT that is an expert in sports injuries and injury prevention. Take him or her to see slalom so you can get an even more precise regimen prescribed.

Board footer