Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Sep 2, 2009 3:57 PM

tjo
Foot Forward: Right

Thank You ProSkiCoach.Com!!

I'm on cloud 9 right now becuase I just ran 32 off/34 mph for the first time in my life!!!  A year ago I was lucky to get 22 off/34 mph.  However, I have immersed myself in the sport this year...got a new ski (RCX with RS1 bindings) and started reading all of the articles and posts on this site.  THANK YOU for all of the articles and advice!! I entered 32 off as my "dream goal" on My Ski Log, but only becuase there was a field for it.  I never actually thought I would be running 32 off this year.  Holy smokes, I still can't believe it...what an awesome experience!!

Travis Ogden

#2 Wed, Sep 2, 2009 4:20 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

Re: Thank You ProSkiCoach.Com!!

TJO-

Glad to hear you are ripping it! Thanks for the updates! Hearing experiences like yours keeps us motivated!

#3 Thu, Sep 3, 2009 6:36 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

Congrats Travis.
That is some great skiing. Was that at course # 1 utah lake? What boat and who was driving you? Did you try -35
On Sunday i made it around the 6 ball and went OTF skiing behind Tim P's boat with Tim driving. I cant wait to run it and shorten up to -35.
Hope to see ya at the course.

MC

#4 Thu, Sep 3, 2009 8:03 PM

tjo

Rock on Mark!  Too bad about going OTF at 6 ball, but if you made it that far, you'll be running it very soon!  I was skiing a bit out of my head yesterday morning...can't wait to get back out and do it again smile 

Yes, I was at course #1.  Keith was driving me behind his Tige.  It's got a surprisingly soft wake...time was 16.98.  I didn't try -35.  The -32 pass was my 8th so I was pretty tired, but honestly I was so excited I didn't even think to try -35.  I'm going to try and get out there Saturday afternoon, so we'll see if I can repeat.

Travis Ogden

#5 Thu, Sep 3, 2009 9:03 PM

MChilcutt

Nice skiing.
Morgans wake is really nice i enjoy skiing with Keith. I am planning on running-32 on Saturday and giving -35 a try. cant wait. Look forward to meeting you then. Tim and i will be down at # 1 after we do some work over at #3.

Later MC

#6 Thu, Sep 3, 2009 11:33 PM

tjo

Hopefully I'll see you there.  I'll be with the wife and kids Saturday, so I'll be pulling my kids around in Mud Lake and then will drop into the course occasionally to see if I can squeeze in a set.  I'm in a Centurion sport bowrider.

Travis Ogden

#7 Fri, Sep 4, 2009 4:29 AM

H20SkiGirl
Skis At: Pulligan Pond
Foot Forward: Left

Good skiing TJO:D

I second what you said about pro ski coach!   It has been an amazing year with all
the feedback, coaching, interaction and great folks on here!

Kim

Observe, Listen, Learn, Share and Grow, but most of all have fun~

#8 Fri, Sep 4, 2009 1:21 PM

MChilcutt

I third that we had the privlige of having Wade coach at our site last year. If you ever get the chance to ski with a pro do it. This site has been very beneficial for me as well. Thanks Proskicoach.com.

MC

#9 Fri, Sep 4, 2009 4:28 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Thank you guys for being a part of the community. Our site would be nothing without the loyal readers like yourself.

Do us a favor --Review Your Slalom Ski in the Skis Database!. It will take 5 minutes, and you'll do all of the skiers out there a great service by recommending (or not) the skis that you've used. List any characteristics you think will help another skier choose the right ski for them!

Ofcourse, if you can't make the trip to ski with a pro (the majority of people) don't forget about Virtual Coaching... I'm really surprised we haven't had a stronger response with this yet. We have a few folks like miski who have been using it and his skiing is coming along really well. Need some more folks on board though.

#10 Fri, Sep 4, 2009 8:16 PM

tjo

Review has now been written.  Virtual coaching is a great idea.  I just need to plan better by bringing my camera with me and having someone film me!  I hope to take advantage of that next spring...season is winding down here in Utah.  Just picked up my new snow ski boots!

Travis Ogden

#11 Fri, Sep 4, 2009 10:41 PM

ScotChipman

tjo, We will be water skiing well into October on Utah Lake and a few days in November! There won't be enough snow to snow ski until mid/late November at best.

Scot Chipman

#12 Fri, Sep 4, 2009 11:12 PM

snow1122

El Nino is coming:o)

#13 Fri, Sep 4, 2009 11:34 PM

tjo

Scot, I'll be out there with ya in November in my drysuit...but I'm still getting excited for the snow!

Travis Ogden

#14 Mon, Sep 7, 2009 2:31 AM

philgood
Skis At: 22' off @32 mph

hey,
i just wanted to tell you guys thanks too. ive found a new ski, new boots, a new ski buddy, a slalom course, and a lot of help with actually skiing, all through this site or someone on here referring me to a place where i can find it. Thanks again guys!

You can't take life too seriously because you'll never get out of it alive."

#15 Mon, Sep 7, 2009 3:02 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Phil, et all, tell your friends about us and keep spreading waterskiing (and our site) to as many people as you can! Read and post often.

#16 Sat, Sep 12, 2009 8:10 PM

philgood
Skis At: 22' off @32 mph

ok guys i just found out the most amazing thing ever... this lady that used to cut my hair is wade cox's sister!!! now tell me thats not crazy!

You can't take life too seriously because you'll never get out of it alive."

#17 Sun, Sep 13, 2009 7:01 AM

ColinCanski
Skis At: Gosfield WSC

On one of the UK national radio stations, one of the DJ's has this thing called Top Tenuous, where the listeners text in their tenuous connections to someone who has been in the news that day.

So if Will Asher was to smash the WR tommorow and Will was the subect of Top Tenuous, then my text would be..

I participate in a web forum, where one of the forum members used to have his hair cut by Wade Cox's sister (former top pro skier) who probably knows Will Asher.

In truth though, it would only be crazy if she STILL cut your hair.smile

Ski to Live - Live to Ski

Board footer