Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Sep 2, 2009 2:48 PM

Morg

Jumping back in

After a number of years away from skiing I am getting back into the sport. I found this site and I am realizing the sport has changed & I have a lot to learn.

I was on a 92' HO extreme 66". I gained a few pounds & was struggling with the ski.

I found a deal on an 08' HO Monza 68'. Holy crap have ski's advanced. Loved it. having a hard time getting on the tip through the turn, but loved the pull to the wakes.

I had a problem with the ski & HO stood behind it. I bumped up to the new HO Syndicate S1. I have not skii'd on it yet. I have put the bindings centered & am leaving the fin alone.

Any suggestions on this ski????

Last edited by Morg (Wed, Sep 2, 2009 2:48 PM)

#2 Wed, Sep 2, 2009 3:28 PM

ColinBuchanan
Skis At: SkiTek
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Jumping back in

Morg, first off welcome back! Glad that you have decided to pick up skiing again and have found our site. ProSkiCoach.com is a great resource for all things skiing. The sport has changed quite a bit in recent times as i'm sure you have found out both with equipment and ski theory. I haven't ridden on the S1 but from what I hear it is a great ski. You can find all the stock settings for your ski here www.proskicoach.com/skis/HO/S1/2010 and please write a review of it on this same page when you do get a chance to ride it. May I also suggest that you look into our virtual coaching www.proskicoach.com/pros/lesson/ as now is the best time to start forming good habits to keep you skiing for a long time! This is a new feature that we are offering to go along our free online ski log www.proskicoach.com/ski_log/ that you can use to keep track of conditions, settings, sites, drivers, and comments on the things you were working on during your set. I hope all this helps and good luck with the rest of your season!

#3 Wed, Sep 2, 2009 4:23 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

MORG welcome back to skiing. Glad to hear your passion has been reinvigorated! The new skis are certainly a lot more fun to ride than your old Extreme! Like Colin said you can check out the recommended settings on the HO S1 Home Page. It's a new ski so you are one of the first folks who has one, be sure to write your review on the ski!

Anyone else riding the S1, please do the same. Review your ski and let everyone else know your experiences!

#4 Wed, Sep 2, 2009 7:12 PM

Morg

Thanks for the reply's guys.

I am a little lost on the boot placement measurement. Can you link to an explanation?

I have set the boots in the middle settings on the ski. May move them forward.

#5 Wed, Sep 2, 2009 7:24 PM

Morg

Ok, found it.

Back of heal to tail of ski.

While we are hear, the front stock setting is 30.375. (I need to get home & measure where that puts the boot).

I have XXL boots, size 13. I am thinking the boot size will have an effect on placement, especially the back. Any input??

I am an open water skier, usually skiing @ 15' or 22' off. Intermediate at best. very little course experience.

This is on the Monza. Try to ignore the first part of the vid. Seems like as soon as I remember how to ski, I am dead tired http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … d=62334501

Thanks

Last edited by Morg (Wed, Sep 2, 2009 7:44 PM)

#6 Wed, Sep 2, 2009 8:59 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

You don't have to turn into Morg King of the Fin Tweakers, but you would be well served to get a set of 8" calipers. Because you have an adjustable fin block, it's important to make sure that the fin is where you think it is. As little as .001" can change the character of the ski.

#7 Fri, Sep 4, 2009 3:20 AM

Morg

I happen to have an awesome set of tools. I build & race K-boats, check them out on you tube.

I ski'd on the S1 today. It was free skiing, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I can't express how happy I am with the ski.

I was able to get the tip down in the turns & pull hard through the wakes. The tip came out a couple of times on my off side, but that was my only complaint & it was probably me.

I am going to get more time on it before I start messing with set up, but so far I can say the info. I got from this site has already got me closer than I was with the Monza.

Huge thanks for the site & all that have contributed.

Board footer